Contact Us and T&C’s
PLEASE share your enjoyment of this site:
On this page you can also find out about the following:
- Call us, email us & web address, find us/ how to get here/where to stay
- Dining with us
- Booking a table
- Prestige Performances Concerts/ Special Events/music work shops
- Booking for private hire for party bookings (Day or Night)
- Booking location hire
Any booking made with us concludes you agree to terms and conditions
CALL US FOR DINNER RESERVATIONS – Between 6.00-7.00 pm: 0044 (0)207 787 2227 Sorry no children and no entry after 10.30 pm (ticket holders have automatic table booking ):
ONLINE BOOKING only FOR DINERS, TUESDAY’S, THURSDAY’S FRIDAY’S or SATURDAYS:
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
FIND US: 42-44 Battersea High Street, London SW11 3HX, United Kingdom We are outside the congestion charge zone and have Free parking After 4.30 pm weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.
HOW TO GET HERE: Nearest BR station: Clapham Junction. Leave via the Grant Road back exit (not the main exit!). Turn immediately right out of the back of the station, walk to the end of the road then turn immediately left onto Falcon Road (away from the bridge). Walk down Falcon Road, then cross at the lights opposite the Asparagus pub on the corner. Walk straight ahead down Battersea High Street; when you get to the traffic barrier, head under the bridge and keep walking. We’re on the left after The Woodman pub, opposite the Sacred Heart church. Bus routes: 170 (from Victoria, Clapham Junction or Roehampton). Alight at Battersea Square and it’s a very short walk. Walk back through the square keep to the right hand side of the street and we are about 200 yards on the right next to Thomas private school. 319 (from Streatham or Balham). Alight at Falcon Road, cross and walk down Battersea High Street. Continue under the bridge and we’re on the left-hand side of the road just before Battersea Square. Transport for London Journey Planner WHERE TO STAY:
- The Lavender Guest House (about a 25 min casual walk) 18 Lavender Sweep, Clapham Junction, London SW11 1HA Telephone 020 7585 2767 Mention Le QuecumBar when booking to receive a discount
- Holiday Inn Express, Wandsworth Smuggler’s Way, Wandsworth, London SW18 Telephone 020 8877 5950
- Travel Lodge, York Road (about a 15 minute walk) Southampton House, 200 York Road, Battersea, London SW11 3SA Book your room online to get the best price available.
- 2 Travel Lodges one at Clapham Junction a 15 minute walk to us and one on York Road even closer
- Jurys Inn Chelsea Imperial Road, Imperial Wharf, London, London, UK, SW6 2GA Tel: 020 7411 2200 Special offers are often available.
DINING: We specialise in Music, Mood Wine and Food. Dining is an accompaniment to the nightly live music. We offer a casual dining experience from the blackboard. Our menu offers a relaxed alternative to the formal three-course format. We strive to offer a variety of value for money simple dishes listed daily on our specials board many homemade options, offering the perfect accompaniment to our wines and cocktails and premium brands, swing, jazz and unique 1930s Parisian ambience. Dishes range from £7.00 to £18.00 the average spend per head incl a bottle of wine between two is £30pp All our dishes are inclusive prices but exclude service charge
An example of some dishes from our blackboard menu
- Home made soups served with fresh baked French bread winter warmer French Onion soup
- Coq au Vin
- Endive, walnut and blue cheese salad
- Frogs’ legs, snails, plus other, homemade favourites such as Beef Bourginon
- Whole oven cooked, pan seared or poached fish
- Tartiflette a traditional Savoi dish with Rublochon cheese and smoked/unsmoked lardon
- Oven baked Camembert with French bread
- Smoked salmon/Gravlax with a mixed leaf salad
- A selection of desserts, some home made – baked lemon cheesecake, tiramisu, chocolate mousse, tarte au pomme,
Wine & other drinks: We are primarily a music wine bar, so you can expect wines for quaffing and wines for lingering. Our popular house wines are available by the glass, bottle or carafe. We have a specials board for special quality wine offers. Our extensive range of wines, available by the bottle only, feature a number of French classics, as well as favorites from around the world. Prices range from £18 to £75.00. We stock a range of champagnes, cavas and prosecco priced from £35. Examples from our wine menu include:
- Chablis; Sancerre (France)
- Pinot Grigio; Montepulciano (Italy)
- Sauvingnon Blanc; Merlot (Chile)
- Chardonnay; Shiraz (Australia)
- Chenin Blanc; Pinotage (South Africa)
- A Lebanese special with 4 prices
We offer some French classic drinks, cocktails, popular bottled beers, including the Belgian abbey beer Leffe, ciders, calvados, Byrhh and much more. House spirits, liqueurs and premium spirits also available. Why not try one of our house cocktails, sloe martini, peach bellini, cucumber bellini, chocolate martini?
For drivers and non-drinkers we offer a range of drinks, including non-alcoholic wines and beers, fruit juices, the usual soft drinks and Fentiman’s ginger beer and lemonade.
TABLE BOOKINGS/RESERVATIONS: Are for non ticketed events and diners only. Last table booking taken 9.00pm. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT A TICKET ONLINE FOR A SHOW – YOU HAVE A TABLE WAITING FOR YOU; YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESERVE A TABLE IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT A TICKET FOR AN EVENT; ALL TICKET HOLDERS TABLES ARE ALLOCATED ON ARRIVAL, DINERS and VIP MEMBERS GET PREFERENTIAL SEATING.
Any email booking requests are automatically added to our monthly newsletter mailing list. The bar is for over-18s only. Unfortunately we do not have a licence or insurance covering children. Service charge is not included and left to our customers choice – unless it is a table of more than four or at ticketed events when 15% service will be added to the bill. You are welcome to bring your own 75ml bottle of wine with you – at £10 per bottle corkage charge – with an allocation of one bottle per person, but not at ticketed events.
Important: E-tickets are electronic based tickets delivered to you via e-mail within 15 minutes of the completion of your transaction. There are no additional postage and packing charges. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with all enquiries The following terms are deemed to be agreed by you when you make your reservation:
- Table bookings are reserved for diners only and not for drinks only – you can just drop by if you wish to have drinks. Please reserve your dining table by phone, during opening hours only on 020 7787 2227 (after 6.00 pm) your name, date and time of booking, how many people in your party, a contact telephone number, whether you wish to be near or far from the music, and your credit card details: number, start date, expiry date and issue number – We reserve the right to make a £15 pp no show charge on bookings. Your email address will automatically be added to our mailing list unless you request otherwise.
- Our live music is 8.00pm – 11.00pm and FREE for arrivals before 8 pm (arrivals at 8 pm or after will have a £6pp cover charge added to the bill) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Tuesday night jam session is FREE all night Wednesday’s we are closed to the general public and available for private hire/parties/events etc please inquire. We request out of respect for the musicians and other audience members that mobile phones are switched off during your visit as well as computers. The musicians have the discretion to allow their performance to be filmed, photographed or recorded, please ask them or respect the management decision on the night
- Sunday and Monday are ticketed events to buy online or pay cash at the door. We do however sometimes book concerts and special events on other nights according to artists availability, see listings.
- We are unable to accept card payments for less than £15 there is a 50p charge for all card transactions under £15. To avoid these charges please bring cash, as cash is King
- We accept table reservations up to 16 people only – 2 x 8 persons, due to logistic limitations. We’ll hold your table for 45 minutes after the allotted time; this can be extended with a telephone call if you are running late on the night
- For table bookings of 8 people or more, we charge a non-refundable deposit of £100 which will be offset against the final bill; the management also reserves the right to apply a minimum charge of £25 per head on parties of 8 or more as we only take table booking for diners.
- Where possible we’ll try to place you in your desired location within the bar; those booking tables on live music nights may choose to sit close to the music or further from it.
PLEASE BE AWARE ALL TICKET MONEY COLLECTED GOES DIRECTLY TO THE MUSICIANS we are probably the only venue in UK that does this, in support for musicians – to help preserve the ability to supply quality live music, we are unable to support persons wishing to sit with a glass of water or one beer all night – we therefore have the discretion to make a £15 pp minimum spend on food/drink on non concerts nights and £25 at ticketed events – you can make up the minimum spend by purchasing wine to take away with you. A 15% service charge will be added to the bill for all parties of five or more, all ticketed events and Special Events. We reserve the right to charge a £15 per head cancellation fee to the provided credit card if the reservation is cancelled with less than 72 hours’ notice and £15 per person no show fee on the night, for any of your booked party that do not turn up and honour the booking.
The person making the booking is responsible for the final bill (for obvious reasons we do not do separate bills for large parties however you can at the end of your night split the total with your friends). Table service only – All drinks and food is served at the reserved tables and charged/added to the final bill and will not be sold separately over the bar unless seated at the bar
TICKETED PRESTIGE PERFORMANCE CONCERTS and SPECIAL EVENTS and MUSIC WORK SHOPS: PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS FOR ANY TICKETS HERE AT THE BAR OR OVER THE PHONE BUT WE DO ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS FOR CONCERT TICKETS AT THE BAR THAT AVOIDS THE BOOKING FEE ONLINE. Your ticket purchase is linked to your table reservation so there is no need to call and reserve a table for ticketed nights, all seating is allocated on arrival, with preferential seating given to diners. However if you wish to sit with friends who have booked their tickets separately we will try and accommodate you if you notify us in advance.
- All tickets for these events are at our online shop on this web site where you can pay by credit/debit card or Pay Pal, booking fees will be incurred.
- You will not receive a physical ticket, just an email confirmation that you can print out and bring with you.
- However if your payment has not gone through for any reason we will be aware of this
- We cannot reserve tickets without full payment
- As seating is limited customers may have to share tables
- Arrive early for better tables.
- Doors open at 6.00 pm when food is available until 10 pm depending on the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- You can buy advance tickets on the night if available and in advance at the bar, this is a cash only sale.
Please note: All the ticket money collected for Prestige Performance Concerts and Special Events goes directly to the musicians. A lot of our Prestige performers live abroad therefore the ticket money is for their fee and expenses to get here, we only generate revenue from food and drink sales at these events.
MUSIC WORKSHOPS/MASTERCLASSES: Music workshops are as and when visiting overseas musicians are here and available they are for all abilities and are posted on our shop as workshops. Workshops usually begin at 11 am and last until 4.00 pm with a 1 hour lunch break. Tickets for workshops cost £40 and are strictly limited: book online through our online shop. Booking fees will be incurred when paying by credit card. Tickets can be bought at the bar on the day or in advance but this is cash only.
LE QUECUMBAR HIRE FOR (CELEBRATIONS ETC) PRIVATE USE (day or night): Party review June 2015; We would like to thank the staff at QuecumBar and recommend them for an excellent event, our wedding party on the 13th June this year! The food was great, the service first class, nothing was too much trouble, everyone was impressed. The music both live and recorded sounded good, the live artist Ava Golding + Trio were fantastic, the garden looked really impressive lit up at night. A great venue for a party or reception, thanks again, Ian + Nadia Dennes. Party testimonial April 2015; “Le QuecumBar is a fabulous place to hold a party. The atmosphere was terrific with a truly convivial buzz. Steve was incredibly helpful in the planning and he and his staff were superb on the night. The food was perfect and Radiodaze(the band) made the evening go with a swing.” Katherine Royal Academy of Dance – Re their summer party July 2014 …………..Our staff very much enjoyed the evening at the bar. Everyone has been very complimentary of the food and commented there was a good variety of options, particularly for vegetarians too. The band were fantastic, so thank you for putting us in touch with them. Your staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the night. Best wishes Royal Academy of Dance 36 Battersea Square London SW11 3RA
Corporate or private the bar’s capacity is as follows: seating inside for 65 to 70 people; tropical garden 30 people; pavement seating 12 people; eight bar seats. Our overall capacity is 100. The full hot and cold buffet supplied is £25 per person. Our licencing hours are until midnight on weekdays and 1.00am on Fridays and Saturdays. Those wishing to book the bar for a private party must agree to the following terms and conditions before booking:
- Exclusive hire for any event incurs a £250 venue fee.
- We cannot confirm any bookings until the £500 non refundable deposit is made.
- Any balance due is payable on the date of the event itself when the deposit will be deducted from the total outstanding.
- A 15% service charge will be added to your final bill, and if applicable to each individual guest’s tab. This is to be paid upon settlement of the bill at the end of the evening. A minimum guaranteed spend (on food and drink) is required for all bookings:
- Wednesdays minimum spend £1,500, Sunday to Friday, minimum spend is £2,000 and Saturday £2,500. This minimum spend includes all food and drink sales but excludes the 15% service charge and venue fee. Day rates can be negotiated.
- We will request the person making the booking to settle any imbalance between the actual bill and the minimum spend at the end of the evening this must be settled in at least 50% cash.
- No cash sales will be taken during the evening and no bar service, it is table service only.
- If individual tabs are required, all drinks will be added to the individuals’ tabs with a card to secure and are settled at the end of the event with 15% service charge.
- Any extra staff required will incur charges to be arranged at the time of booking.
- We can supply musicians but payment is between you and the musician directly. Due to our licence restrictions we cannot accommodate DJs, discos or certain instruments for any event.
To book: Come in and talk to us with your requirement, call by phone to discuss or email us with full details of your party: date, numbers, budget, time and expectations etc – we’ll be happy to help.
LOCATION HIRE: We have been used by the BBC, the national press for various photo shoots and the TV advertisement for the CD of the Gypsy Kings’ greatest hits collection that was filmed in our tropical garden and many other private interviews and photo shoots of celebrities. Fees start from £1,000 per 8 hour day time. Any overrun time will be charged at £250 past the get out time agreed – for any part of the first hour, and subsequent hours. Please contact us for details if you wish to use Le QuecumBar as a location shoot for photography or filming. We offer excellent hospitality, competitive rates and food and drinks on site and are willing to discuss any of your requirements. Please call or email Sylvia or Steve on email@example.com. We have tried to include all the information you need here if we have missed something please call after 6pm
PLEASE share your enjoyment of this site: