Contact Us and T&C’s
PLEASE share your enjoyment of this site:
On this page you can also find out about the following:
- Call us, email us & web address, find us/ how to get here/where to stay
- Dining with us
- Booking a table
- Prestige Performances Concerts/ Special Events/music work shops
- Booking for private hire for party bookings (Day or Night)
- Booking location hire
CALL US FOR DINNER RESERVATIONS: Between 6.00-7.00 pm: 0044 (0)207 787 2227
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
FIND US: 42-44 Battersea High Street, London SW11 3HX, United Kingdom
We are outside the congestion charge zone and have Free parking: After 4.30 pm weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.
HOW TO GET HERE:
Nearest BR station: Clapham Junction. Leave via the Winstanley Road/Grant Road back exit (not the main exit!). Turn immediately right out of the back of the station, walk to the end of the road then turn immediately right onto Falcon Road (away from the bridge). Walk down Falcon Road, then cross at the lights opposite the Asparagus pub on the corner. Walk straight ahead down Battersea High Street; when you get to the traffic barrier, head under the bridge and keep walking. We’re on the left after The Woodman pub, opposite the Sacred Heart church.
Bus routes: 170 (from Victoria, Clapham Junction or Roehampton). Alight at Battersea Square and it’s a very short walk. Walk back through the square keep to the right hand side of the street and we are about 200 yards on the right next to Thomas private school. 319 (from Streatham or Balham). Alight at Falcon Road, cross and walk down Battersea High Street. Continue under the bridge and we’re on the left-hand side of the road just before the square.
Transport for London Journey Planner
WHERE TO STAY:
- The Lavender Guest House (about a 25 min casual walk) 18 Lavender Sweep, Clapham Junction, London SW11 1HA Telephone 020 7585 2767 Mention Le QuecumBar when booking to receive a discount.
- Holiday Inn Express, Wandsworth Smuggler’s Way, Wandsworth, London SW18 Telephone 020 8877 5950
- Travel Lodge, York Road (about a 15 minute walk) Southampton House, 200 York Road, Battersea, London SW11 3SA Book your room online to get the best price available.
- 2 Travel Lodges one at Clapham Junction a 15 minute walk to us and one on York Road even closer
- Jurys Inn Chelsea Imperial Road, Imperial Wharf, London, London, UK, SW6 2GA Tel: 020 7411 2200 Special offers are often available.
DINING: We specialise in Music, Mood Wine and Food. Dining is an accompaniment to the nightly live music. We offer a casual dining experience from the blackboard with a French slant. We pride ourselves on the quality of our brasserie food, which is prepared lovingly until 9.30 pm each night. Our menu offers a relaxed alternative to the formal three-course format. We strive to offer a variety of value for money simple tasty dishes listed daily on our specials board with some great homemade additions, offering the perfect accompaniment to our fine wines, jazz and unique 1930s Parisian ambience.
Dishes range from £7.00 to £16.00 the average spend per head incl a bottle of wine between two is £30pp
All our dishes are inclusive prices but exclude service charge
Sample Dishes From Our Daily Specials Board
- Home made French onion soup served with fresh baked French bread
- Traditional Belgian Cabonade Flandes, beef cooked in Belgian Flandes sour beer with dumplings in celebration of Django’s birth place
- Rocket and parmesan salad with balsamic vinegar
- Frogs’ legs, snails, plus other, homemade favourites such as Coq Au Vin, Spicy Chorizo/chick pea and apricot medley and Beef Bourguignon
- Whole oven cooked or poached fish
- Le Mans Rillettes or house pate served with warm red onion marmalade, salad garnish and toast
- Fried bread-crumbed soft cheese with continental salad and sweet cranberry sauce or oven baked garlic Camembert with French bread
- Smoked salmon/Gravlax and soft cheese with a mixed leaf salad and hot pita bread
- Platter for two: Vegetarian or meat antipasta salami selection, houmous, olives and salad garnish
- A selection of delicious desserts
Wine & other drinks: We are primarily a music wine bar, so you can expect wines for quaffing and wines for lingering. Our popular house wines are available by the glass, bottle or carafe. We have a specials board for special quality wine offers.
Our extensive range of speciality wines, available by the bottle only, feature a number of French classics, as well as favorites from around the world. Prices range from £16.50 to £75.00. Don’t worry if you’re not a connoisseur – our staff are always on hand to advise and help with the blackboard specials which offer some real treats. We stock a range of champagnes, cavas and prosecco priced from £28.
Highlights of our wine menu include:
- Chablis; Sancerre (France)
- Pinot Grigio; Montepulciano (Italy)
- Sauvingnon Blanc; Merlot (Chile)
- Chardonnay; Shiraz (Australia)
- Chenin Blanc; Pinotage (South Africa)
- A Lebanese special with 4 prices
We offer some French classic drinks, cocktails, popular bottled beers, including the Belgian abbey beer Leffe, ciders, calvados, Byrhh and much more. House spirits, liqueurs and premium spirits also available. Why not try our house cocktail, the chocolate martini? For drivers and non-drinkers we offer a range of drinks, including non-alcoholic wines and beers, fruit juices, the usual soft drinks and Fentiman’s ginger beer and lemonade.
Are for non ticketed events and diners only. Last table booking taken 9.00pm.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT A TICKET ONLINE FOR A SHOW – YOU HAVE A TABLE WAITING FOR YOU;
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESERVE A TABLE IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT A TICKET FOR AN EVENT; ALL TICKET HOLDERS TABLES ARE ALLOCATED ON ARRIVAL, DINERS and VIP MEMBERS GET PREFERENTIAL SEATING. Any email requests are automatically added to our monthly newsletter mailing list.
We only take table bookings for diners. Please reserve your table by phone during opening hours only on 020 7787 2227 (after 6.00 pm) with your phone number credit/debit details etc to reserve a table. (When you make a booking you agree to our terms and conditions) If you wish to drop by for just a drink that’s fine too, but we do not take table reservations for non diners.
The bar is for over-18s only. Unfortunately we do not have a licence or insurance covering children. We reserve the right to make a £20pp min spend on normal nights and £25pp min spend on ticketed events nights, this is to help preserve the ability to supply quality live music, all ticket money goes to the performers.
We do ask that the following terms are noted when you make your reservation:
- Table bookings are reserved for diners only.
- We do not take table reservations for drinkers.
- Our live music is 8.00pm – 11.00pm and FREE for arrivals before 8 pm (arrivals after 8 pm will have a £6pp cover charge added to the bill) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Tuesday night jam session is FREE all night and Wednesday’s NEW swing jam including late night concert is £7 in advance by ticket or £9 cash on the door. Sunday and Monday are ticketed events to buy online or pay cash at the door. We do however sometimes book concerts and special events on other nights according to artists availability see listings.
- We accept table reservations up to 16 people only, due to logistic limitations. We’ll hold your table for 45 minutes after the allotted time; this can be extended with a telephone call if you are running late on the night.
- Where possible we’ll try to place you in your desired location within the bar; those booking tables on live music nights may choose to sit close to the music or further from it.
- There is a minimum charge of £20 pp, you can if you wish take wine home with you to make up the minimum spend.
- A 15% service charge will be added to the bill for all parties of five or more, all ticketed events and Special Events.
- We reserve the right to charge a £15 per head cancellation fee to the provided credit card if the reservation is cancelled with less than 72 hours’ notice and £15 per person no show fee on the night, for any of your booked party that do not turn up and honour the booking.
- For table bookings of 8 people or more, we reserve the right to charge a non-refundable deposit of £100 which will be offset against the final bill; the management also reserves the right to apply a minimum charge of £35 per head on parties of 8 or more , due to extra staff required for table service.
- The person making the booking is responsible for the final bill (for obvious reasons we do not do seperate bills for large parties however you can at the end of your night split the total with your friends).
- Table service only – All drinks and food is served at the reserved tables and charged/added to the final bill and will not be sold separately over the bar unless seated at the bar
- To make a reservation: Call us with the following information during opening times after 6 with: your name, date and time of booking, how many people in your party, a contact telephone number, whether you wish to be near or far from the music, and your credit card details: number, start date, expiry date and issue number – we advise that you call between 6.00pm and 7.00pm. Your email address will automatically be added to our mailing list unless you request otherwise.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS FOR ANY TICKETS HERE AT THE BAR OR OVER THE PHONE.
If you wish to save the booking fee/credit card fee please pay by cash at the bar in advance, please visit us during our opening hours and purchase in person. Your ticket purchase is linked to your table reservation so there is no need to call and reserve a table for ticketed nights, all seating is allocated on arrival, with preferential seating given to diners. However if you wish to sit with friends who have booked their tickets separately we will try and accommodate you if you notify us in advance.
- All tickets for these events are at our online shop or via www.wegottickets.com/lequecumbar where you can pay by credit/debit card or Pay Pal, booking fees will be incurred.
- You will not receive a physical ticket, just an email confirmation that you can print out and bring with you.
- However if your payment has not gone through for any reason we will be aware of this.
- We will not reserve tickets without full payment.
- As seating is limited customers may have to share tables
- Arrive early for better tables.
- Doors open at 6.00 pm when food is available until 10 pm depending on the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- You can buy advance tickets on the night if available and in advance at the bar, this is a cash only sale.
Please note: All the ticket money collected for Prestige Performance Concerts and Special Events goes directly to the musicians. A lot of our Prestige performers live abroad therefore the ticket money is for their fee and expenses to get here, we only generate revenue from food and drink sales at these events.
In light of the above and in order to continue hosting world class events we reserve the right to charge a minimum spend of £25 pp and 15% service is added to the bill at these events.
Music workshops are as and when visiting overseas musicians are here and available they are for all abilities and are posted on our shop as workshops. All workshops begin at 11 am and last until 4.00 pm with a 1 hour lunch break. Tickets for workshops cost £40 and are strictly limited: book online through our online shop. Booking fees will be incurred when paying by credit card. Tickets can be bought at the bar on the day or in advance but this is cash only.
Our latest review: Royal Academy of Dance – Re their summer party July 2014
…………..Our staff very much enjoyed the evening at the bar. Everyone has been very complimentary of the food and commented there was a good variety of options, particularly for vegetarians too.
The band were fantastic, so thank you for putting us in touch with them. Your staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the night. Best wishes Royal Academy of Dance 36 Battersea Square London SW11 3RA
Corporate or private The bar’s capacity is as follows: seating inside for 65 to 70 people; tropical garden 30 people; pavement seating 12 people; eight bar seats. Our overall capacity is 100. The full hot and cold buffet supplied is £25 per person. Our licencing hours are until midnight on weekdays and 1.00am on Fridays and Saturdays. Those wishing to book the bar for a private party must agree to the following terms and conditions before booking:
- Exclusive hire for any event incurs a £250 venue fee.
- We cannot confirm any bookings until the £500 non refundable deposit is made.
- Any balance due is payable on the date of the event itself when the deposit will be deducted from the total outstanding.
- A 15% service charge will be added to your final bill, and if applicable to each individual guest’s tab. This is to be paid upon settlement of the bill at the end of the evening. A minimum guaranteed spend (on food and drink) is required for all bookings:
- Sunday to Friday, minimum spend is £2,000 and Saturday £2,500. This minimum spend includes all food and drink sales but excludes the 15% service charge and venue fee.
- Day rates can be negotiated.
- We will request the person making the booking to settle any imbalance between the actual bill and the minimum spend at the end of the evening this must be settled in at least 50% cash.
- No cash sales will be taken during the evening and no bar service, it is table service only.
- If individual tabs are required, all drinks will be added to the individuals’ tabs with a card to secure and are settled at the end of the event.
- Live music and extra staff will incur charges to be arranged at the time of booking.
- We can supply musicians but payment is between you and the musician directly. Due to our licence restrictions we cannot accommodate DJs, discos or certain instruments for any event.
To book: Come in and talk to us with your requirement, call by phone to discuss or email us with full details of your party: date, numbers, budget, time and expectations etc – we’ll be happy to help.
We have been used by the BBC, the national press for various photo shoots and the TV advertisement for the CD of the Gypsy Kings’ greatest hits collection that was filmed in our tropical garden and many other private interviews and photo shoots of celebrities.
Fees start from £1,000 per 8 hour day time. Any overrun time will be charged at £250 past the get out time agreed – for any part of the first hour, and subsequent hours.
Please contact us for details if you wish to use Le QuecumBar as a location shoot for photography or filming. We offer excellent hospitality, competitive rates and food and drinks on site and are willing to discuss any of your requirements. Please call or email Sylvia or Steve on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have tried to include all the information you need here if we have missed something please call after 6pm